Community Education Seminars
Greenhaven Funerals are proud to host a range of Community seminars and educational ‘talks’ to groups offering support, information and assistance to people through the funeral, bereavement and grieving process.
Every presentation we hold is tailored and customised to meet the needs of the group we are delivering to, ensuring that all faiths and cultures are respected and acknowledged throughout the wider Melbourne community.
These events are free of charge and everyone is welcome.
Please visit our website for future updates of scheduled events or join us on Facebook (Greenhaven Funeral Services) to keep informed of our activities and events in the community.
The Many Faces of Grief
This workshop is designed for health care workers and those supporting individuals and their families.
Learning Objectives – By the end of this workshop the participant will:
- Identify 2 emotions that dying patients commonly experience
- List 2 concerns that families members of dying patients often have
- Describe the stages of grief
- Describe characteristics of grief which are common among family members of patients suffering from dementia
- List 3 ways to support children who are experiencing grief
- Identify 2 self care strategies to help cope with caring for dying patients
- List 2 ways that employers may support staff members who provide end of life care
- Describe strategies for helping family members cope after their loved one dies
Workshops are complimentary, please contact us on 9569 0534 to book a workshop for your